Cesar's Website

clarragainstitution.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Update

Last Wednesday we had our very first TED Talks. I was very nervous and intimidated by the small crowd known as the audience. The night before I was starting to stress about it and I had the worse headache but before the night was over I convinced myself that everything was going to turn out okay. I just had to believe in myself. So the next morning, the moment I woke up, nervousness slapped me across the face real hard. I told myself, "What happened to everything turning out okay?" I tried to calm my nerves but couldn't. I decided to just go out and do my best, no matter if I was nervous or not. When I first got in front of the audience I was like woah! Then, I started talking and for some odd reason I just couldn't stop. I talked for ten minutes without stopping, except to cough one time, which is something I've never been able to do. I'm not much of a person to talk constantly but when I talked about something that really mattered to me, I didn't know how to stop. In the end, I was really proud of myself and my TED Talk.

On that same day, during Susan's AP English class, she started talking about creativity week. While talking about that week, she mentioned to us that we could work on our Senior project that entire week. Once she said that, I wanted to do that because I would have a lot of freedom and time to interview with similar organizations like my summer program and talk about issues and obstacles of creating an organization such as my summer program.

Susan told me today that I needed to give her a proposal of the details of that week if I still wanted to do it. Well, I'll say right now that I really want to work on my project that week but the only problem is working out the details of the week. So, I have until Friday to write this proposal of mine. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. I can share your experience. I too was stressing out because my speech really put me out there. I thought the crowd would laugh at me for being a bit odd but it turns out they actually liked it. They like something that is original and unusual. In fact, some of them are excited to get the chance to do their own projects some day in the future.

    Unlike you however, I plan on spending my last creativity week at school. My project is something that accumulates over a period of time and not three days. You should start posting things on your project site as to sort of get people excited.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete